Raising Malawi

Raising Malawi
Help Madonna and The Edge Raise Malawi

Monday, February 28, 2011

Madonna & Me: Director's Update

So Madonna & Me is going really well!  We have completely blocked the show!  Whoo hoo!  Blocking is my least favorite part of the rehearsal process.  Now that the blocking is complete we can get into, as Dustin called it yesterday, "the meat and potatoes" of the script.  That is where my fun begins of working with the actors' ideas of who and what their characters are and are about and blend them with what I see and where I want to take them.  That is the beauty of the directing process.  As an actor, I love when I get to make choices and that it isn't all the director's way or no-way!  Theatre is about collaboration and I love being able to say to an actor sometimes, "You know I really like what you did more than what I was thinking.  Keep it!"  So, Tuesday evening marks our first working rehearsal!  Can't wait!
Also, I am very excited that the playwright, Tommy Kearkey, will be joining us for the premiere!  No pressure right?  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment